Friday, February 18, 2011

Availability

"God does not ask your ability or your inability. He asks only your availability." -- Mary Kay Ash

I thought of the quote up top as boxes came in this week from Crafty Angels near and far. Each one was willing to be available to help others -- no matter how busy her own life was with family, community, friends, and church responsibilities. I was overwhelmed with what I saw when I opened the boxes, and you will be, too!
First up is Angel Hazel Lindsay from Australia. She has been VERY available -- just look at the gorgeous baby matinee jackets she knitted for our babies at Swedish Covenant Hospital:
I really like the leaf pattern she knitted into the border of the aqua jacket -- so spring-like! And there was more:
LOTS of baby hats for Caps for Good -- which will get shipped out tomorrow. I just love the variety of colors, which reminded me of spring flowers -- can you tell I am CRAVING spring up here in Chicago?!?!?

Angel Mary Grotz from Chicago has been making caps, too:

I really like the brim she designed for the hats -- each hat has a distinctive yarn crocheted into the brim of the cap. It really dresses the hats up! These caps are a bit larger, and will go to Swedish Covenant Hospital.
Angel Linda Faubel from Ladd, IL has been VERY available -- she sent us THREE big boxes of yarny goodness! She made some GREAT hat and scarf sets for the men we serve at A Just Harvest:

I really appreciate how she made the scarves extra-wide -- that will keep the men who live on the street extra warm in the cold Chicago weather.
Linda was also thinking about our babies at Swedish Covenant Hospital -- just look at these gorgeous baby blankets:

I really like all the different patterns she chose for them, particularly the first one. It's hard to tell from my bad photography, but she used bobbles - which I find challenging to make well - and hers are just perfect! The afghan on the left, directly on top of this paragraph, will be perfect for one of the seniors we serve at Cornerstone Community Outreach's Friendly Towers. Linda also made two other lovely afghans for them:
For some reason, the color looks a bit washed out in this photo, but in "real life" the colors are rich and lush!
In the card she sent us, Linda said: "Whenever I am crocheting for the Crafty Angels, I hope and pray that these handmade items will bring comfort to the people receiving them. I also think of Supervisor Cowboy now, too, and hope he is looking at us from above as we are knitting and crocheting, and that he puts his paw print of approbal on all the items we are sending."
Oh, Linda, I believe he IS watching all of us from above, and most definitely he would approve of all the breath-taking yarny goodness Angels Hazel, Mary, and Linda sent us. Thank you, Hazel, Mary, and Linda for being "available," and letting God use you to help Him care for those in need. You inspire ME to be more available, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home